If you are responsible for the management of asbestos in buildings, our Asbestos Management Training course is designed to help you understand your responsibilities under The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and provide you with the essential information required to manage asbestos within your premises.
- Legislation; General safety legislation that has implications for asbestos management.
- Asbestos Regulations.
- Asbestos Surveys.
- Managing Asbestos; Asbestos risk assessment (material and priority assessments). The content of an Asbestos Management Plan.
- Measurement & Assessment; Control limits, clearance indicators, ambient fibre levels. How airborne fibre levels are measured and assessing laboratory competence.
- Interpretation of test results.
- Personal Safety.
- Asbestos Removal Procedures.
- Assessing contractor competence.
- Certification; Clearance certification.
- RIDDOR; When a RIDDOR notification is necessary making reference to recent HSE interpretations.
- Includes Asbestos Awareness Training to comply with Reg 10 CAR 2012.
- Practical identification using a collection of photographs and sealed samples.
- Discussion of material conditions.
- Completion of Material and Priority Risk Assessment pro-forma.
- Group discussion and Q&A.
- Asbestos Awareness attendance certificate awarded on completion of short multiple choice test.
This is a full day course and can be conducted at our own venues or client sites (subject to minimum number of delegates). Please contact us for details.
Our flexible approach means we are also able to offer bespoke courses designed to meet clients' individual asbestos training requirements.
Please contact us on 0845 058 9999 for further information.